Monday 30 May 2011

scarfing!

Recently, Kim from petit pas did a guest post on my friend Talia’s blog. It was a tutorial on how to make your own t-shirt scarf, and I was inspired.

So today, I hit the op-shops and came across the perfect shirt, a very large jersey cotton men’s shirt with no side seams for $4.50, in red. Wonderful!

The project only took me about 10 minutes. I had to make a few changes to Kim’s tutorial though, because I have no sewing machine at the moment (the beautiful Husqvarna I’ve been baby-sitting for the past 4ish years has gone home to its Mama *sad*).

Whereas Kim cut the strips completely off, I left them all attached. So I cut to about half an inch off the edge. Then I cut a little strip off the left-over piece of t-shirt and tied and knotted it round and round the piece that was joining all of the strips:

IMGP9613

I’m happy with the finish, and no sewing! Easy peasy Smile

Here’s my brand new $4.50 cotton jersey scarf:

IMGP9610IMGP9611

I quite like it…

What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Love the stunning model wearing the scarf. How gorgeous is she!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So awesome! I LOVE the red colour on your Zoey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so great to hear my post inspired you and you made a scarf for yourself. It looks awesome! nice work.
    I like the way you did it without sowing. Have to keep that in mind next time I make one.
    Have a great day.
    -kim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com