Monday 2 May 2011

Point + Shoot: A very proud day!

This weekend was a very special one for us.

We officially graduated from university!!!! We donned the gowns and mortar boards, and feeling like we were on the set of a Harry Potter film, received that amazing and all-important piece of paper.

IMGP9079

My amazing husband looked so handsome in his academic garb, I told him he should do another degree just so he can wear it again! He received his degree from the Chancellor just before me, and as I watched him walk onto the stage ahead of me, I was so filled with pride I felt ready to burst and had to fight back tears. It’s been one hell of a journey for him, and he’s my absolute hero for getting here!
 IMGP9085

And then it was my turn! Here I am, being awarded with my Bachelor of Education (Primary & Middle Schooling): With DISTINCTION!!!! What a thrill!!

 IMGP9088

Very proud education graduates!

IMGP9107

Could we smile any bigger?  IMGP9111 IMGP9121 Pete and his proud mum.

IMGP9125 Me with my Mama & Papa. So happy!

IMGP9132My lovely brother and sister came to watch us graduate.

It’s been a long road, sometimes hard but oh-so-worth it.

It was indeed, a very proud day.

4 comments:

  1. What an achievement. Congrats to you both :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you both Zoey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats you two! What a special thing that you were able to do TOGETHER!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com