Friday 18 September 2009

eight months

My beautiful Mayana-Berry is eight months old today.

I can’t believe how quickly the time has flown, yet at the same time I have totally cherished every single day. I can’t remember a time in my life in which Mayana did not exist.

The last few months have seen some big changes in my girl. She is growing really well, and while she is still small, she is healthy, and back onto the percentile chart for weight (in the 1st percentile, but at least she’s on the graph now!). At the last weigh-in she was 5.7kg. They also ran her through all the 9 months milestones, and she had reached every single one of them (and some of the 10 month ones) at only 7.5 months! She sits, crawls, stands up on anything that is still for long enough and walks along the furniture. She laughs, says Mama, Papa, Baba, Wawa and lots of other gibberish words. She claps her hands and waves goodbye. She bops along to music, and sings if she really fancies the song. She gives me cuddles and kisses if I ask for one, and I love it.

She loves to eat, and eats pretty much whatever we do. She’s really into strawberries at the moment. And hommus. And avocado. And she much prefers it when she’s feeding herself – and can’t quite understand why I won’t let her attack her wheetbix independently (I’m not quite ready for that kind of mess just yet!).

Mayana is a ball of personality. She’s so alert and takes everything in. She’s a real sticky-beak and social butterfly. She always has to know what’s going on. She loves seeing other kids, and if one even walks past her when we’re out she breaks out into a big giggle and claps her hands. She’s almost beside herself if they stop to talk to her. It’s so cute!

She is so adorable, and she fills my life, and Peter’s, with so much joy. I am so proud to be her Mama, and I love learning more about her, and getting to know her more every single day.

Happy eight months my precious girl!

firstdays 00043

My little berry at 1 day old.

September 09 00221

and at 8 months

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com