Monday 7 April 2008

Birthday Photos!!!!

We had such a fun night....
We spent the day at the hall setting up. Everyone did a beautiful job and the hall looked so great.
Once that was done, we went home for a bit of a rest and then started the process of getting ready!

The party was great fun. Almost everyone got into the spirit of things and wore a mask, and for those who didn't my mum had bought these daggy cardboard animal masks that she made them wear. It was so nice to catch up with people I hadn't seen for a while, and I felt so spoiled and loved.

The speeches were beautiful and I was fighting back tears for most of it. Somehow it's hard to hear yourself being praised and loved on so much. It was a great experience. I also got very spoiled with gifts. My parents bought me a cappuccino machine (!!!!!), I got some charms for my bracelet from my sisters, and I starbucks card from my brother. My beautiful husband is making me a scrapbook of our lives together so far.. it's so lovely. I also got a gorgeous fluffy pink dressing grown from my inlaws (it makes me feel like a teddy bear.. lol) with my name embroidered on it. I got a lot of crafty stuff from my Nanna and Pop, and some cross-stitch on gingham patterns that my great-great grandmother stitched - very special. There were many other special things, and I just felt/feel very spoilt. Today I went out and bought myself a gorgeous ring with some of my birthday many from my grandparents and grandparents-in-law. I'll put a pic of it up later.

But anyway... here are some pics of the actual party ...

All beautified and ready to go...


My hair-do (did it myself)


Me minus my glasses... so you can see my pretty eye-make up


And with the finishing touch... my mask!!


Me with my mummy... full shot of the dress I re-created... pretty cool huh?

My with my GORGEOUS husband, Peter.


My sister Bethanie and I


My sister Alexie and I, dancing.


Trying out my cool fluffy dressing gown


One of my favourite people. My lovely friend Karlos and I.

Beautiful birthday cake which my sister (woolies bakery girl) designed


About to cut the cake...


Just some random photos of the hall setup... how cool do the bunches of cutlery look??

And photo board - has a photo from each year of my life. My parents also found some baby videos of me that I didn't even know existed! The whole wall next to this photo board was also plastered with photos of my life.

Will probably post some more pics soon... can't help myself!

Zoey x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com