Thursday 19 November 2009

too close to home

This week, two people have been killed on Sunshine Coast roads. On some of the exact roads that my family travels on every single day. Roads that I have travelled on, with my baby, a number of times over the last week.

I saw one of the accidents, my sister saw the other. We didn’t see them happen, we saw the aftermath. And I wish we didn’t.

It feels too close to home, knowing that these were just normal people, driving in normal cars, travelling normal roads that we travel all the time. They got out of bed, went about their days.. would you ever suspect it would be your last? I wouldn’t.

Please everyone, drive safely. Be aware of what’s going on around you. It’s just happening too much lately, we don’t need any more people to be killed on our roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com