Thursday 5 August 2010

Consider my thoughts provoked.

I was catching up on the blogs I love to read and came across this post from my friend Talia’s blog. You should pop over and read it.

It’s left me pondering Big Things ever since.

A lot to do with the election. This will be the second federal election I have had the opportunity to vote in. I choose to consider my right and responsibility to vote as a privilege, and I don’t take it lightly. I do a lot of reading, a lot of watching (though admittedly I don’t take much notice of the pathetic propaganda-like mud-slinging TV ads – they make me seethe, and I think it’s pretty embarrassing how pathetic our pollies can be), and a lot of talk to people. I want to make an informed choice when I vote, and I want my vote to count. And Talia made some points which I totally identify with.

And like Talia, I’ve been thinking about lots of other Big Things too. Like, next year. Getting a job. Well, for that matter – this year and finishing uni would be a good start! The fact that the thought of working full time and therefore having Mayana in daycare full time makes me want to cry. Whether I’d be happy doing relief work or something part time. Whether that’s even a choice anyway – it might end up being my only option for all I know.

Uni is so scary at the moment – everyone’s always talking about the Big Scary Unknown, and using all these education-related acronyms, talking about Ten Standards and Roadmaps and Action Research Projects and Literature Reviews. It makes me feel like I don’t know enough ‘stuff’ to be a good teacher, and I can’t wait to go out on prac where I know I’m doing the thing I was made to do.

Prac is only three weeks away now, which is pretty darn exciting, but also makes me  feel the need to ask for a paper bag (you know, so I don’t hyperventilate). And it’s only 15 weeks until we pack up and leave this place!

So yeah, lots of things to think about. And I promise you, this brain never stops ticking. It’s somewhat exhausting actually. So thanks for letting me ‘blah’ here :-)

Off to find a paper bag…

1 comment:

  1. It's so hard when everything is up in the air...and when life is a bit like dominos, all relying on one or two things before everything else can fall into place..I guess in this case, jobs! I think it's possibly even HARDER when you're a mum and you want to be organised and know what's going on...to prepare your child (and yourself!). We'll be praying for your job situations (a spot in Noosa might be nice, yeah?!)and for plenty of wisdom to make good decisions! Oh, and don't worry about all the new acronyms and policies and blahblahblahs...they come and go as often as you leaders of the Labor party (hehe)

    Sorry that turned out to be a bit of an essay, but I hope you gather that I THINK I understand where you're coming from!

    xxLou

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com