Wednesday 7 January 2009

Another update

I got into the dentist today... finally !
I now have a pink filling in my tooth. It was okay, they didn't end up having to give me a needle, so I didn't feel crapola for the rest of the day and the dentist I had was really great.

I also had a call from my GP this afternoon to let me know that my Group B Strep test came back positive. It is not such a big deal, won't do anything to hurt me (I am basically an a-symptomatic carrier), but there is a risk of bubby contracting it during birth. So it just means that I will probably have a cannula put in when my waters break or I go into labour, and administered antibiotics through an IV every 6 hours. At least that's what I can gather from reading and chatting to other people. I will ring our hospital tomorrow and find out for sure.

I had some fairly painful long braxton hicks this afternoon, and wondered if "it" was starting, but they stopped :( :( Maybe they'll start again later tonight!! Wishful thinking.

Did some more 'nesting' today - the office is now tidy and ready for my bother to bunk down on a mattress when he arrives on Sunday. We're so ready to go... ooh except Pete has to go and get our CD player tagged by our electrician friend so we can take it to hospital. Must remember to do this tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Zoey I am excitedly awaiting the arrival of your precious little babe. Everytime my mobile gets a message I hope it is from you guys. Come on bubba, we want to meet you!!!
    Hope you're keeping well. And buggar about your tooth!!
    Love and Hugs
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bubby bubby bubby is at the forefront of your 'everything' at the moment LOL sorry just enjoying your pun. Hope you are still doing well. Praying for you, constantly on our hearts xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh sorry, forgot to ask...
    belly shot pleeeze and rest up while you can xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com