Sunday 12 February 2012

{Baby Two} 28 Weeks

 

IMG_0342

A week into the third trimester… can you even believe it? In not too many more weeks I will be on maternity leave, and then before we know it we’ll be meeting the newest member of our family.  It’s all just flying by too fast to really process it properly!

I’m starting to reconsider our decision not to do the antenatal classes again. A part of me feels like I need to do them to help me refocus and prepare myself for giving birth again. While I had a good experience last time (in as much as you can call labour a ‘good experience’) there are some things I know I would like to do differently this time. Like trying to be more active, and I don’t know, maybe it would be good to actually wear some clothes this time?

At the end of the day I know that everything will be okay, and I’ve still got time to prepare myself, but I just want to make sure I’m in the right headspace when the time comes, and I’m definitely not there yet! Maybe I should check a few books out from the library or something.

Other than that, things are going well. I’ve had two physio appointments in the last few weeks, and learned a few things about how to adjust my posture, and been given a couple of exercises I have to do each day and it has made a huge difference. I still have my ouchie days, like after I spent an hour squatting and scrubbing the crayon off the walls that Mayana was ‘practising her letters on’… But for the most part, I’m definitely noticing a difference. My lovely husband also brought one of our ergonomic office chairs from home to work for me, and not being on the dodgy chair I was using there has also meant a significant drop in my pain levels!

Baby Two and I did Zumba this week. It is hard! I like to think that my baby-bump contributed to my awkwardness levels, but I’m not silly enough to think that I wouldn’t look pretty ridiculous trying to Zumba pregnant or not! I felt good for it though, and I’ll probably give it another go this week. The baby slept through the whole class, but spent plenty of time practicing his Zumba moves later in the evening!

This week will see me doing my glucose test for gestational diabetes, which I somehow have to squeeze into my already very busy week without missing too much work! I’m kind of looking forward to an uninterrupted hour of reading time, but not so much to the drink or the needles.

There isn’t really too much more to say… this pregnancy has been pretty uneventful so far, and I think that’s always a good thing as far as pregnancies go! Next weekend we have big plans for starting on the baby’s room, and I’ve been looking online for all kinds of elephant-themed things for inspiration. I have a few ideas up my sleeve, and I’m looking forward to getting creative in there!

Less than twelve weeks to go, I’m getting so excited!

3 comments:

  1. I have baby two cooking too, just a week ahead of you, We are actually taking the antenatal class again as its almost been 5 years since number 1 came along & I am kinda freaking out a little.

    Good Luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really good book is Active Birth- it was super helpful for me.
    Also, Ina May's Guide to Childbirth was really good. And I foudn this video series by here really eye opening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQn_nTia7FY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you read "Supernatural Childbirth" by Jackie Mize? And don't worry about not remembering your antenatal classes. It was 4 years for me, but once labour started again, it all came back to me. Just like watching 'one born every minute.' So excited for your little family. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com