Tuesday 13 December 2011

Camping… Mayana Style

Last week, Mayana asked her Papa if she could go camping. I’m not sure how she figured out what camping is, but she knew it had something to do with sleeping in a tent. Her Papa promised her they would put the tent up later in the week, but it rained, and rained, and rained. The yard was far too soggy.

So her clever Papa came up with a brilliant idea: Mayana could camp in her bedroom!

My camping-King husband took his smallest tent (a 4-man), cleared a space in her bedroom (have I mentioned how much I love living in a Queenslander with massive bedrooms?) and up went the tent (sans waterproof fly). In went her Ikea city-map mat, her old cot-mattress, her camping chair (of course!) and her fold out couch. She added her entire collection of stuffed toys, and I gave the whole setup a bit of class, by hanging a paper lantern stuffed with fairy lights from the tent’s ceiling. The whole effect was quite magical really, and Mayana was and is delighted.

She has slept in her ‘tent-bedroom’ every night since, and has spent a lot of time playing and imagining in it in the daytime soon. I wonder when or if the novelty will wear off.

In the meantime, I’m totally considering a sleep-over with my daughter…

IMGP0951

IMGP0952

IMGP0917IMGP0918IMGP0954

1 comment:

  1. Cuuuute.
    My Magoo is camping obsessed at the moment too.
    I just love the little set ups he creates.
    He's going to be quite the Camp Master like his Daddy too.
    You should go the sleepover!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com