Friday 19 November 2010

Jordan

My baby brother officially finished school today. Forever! He’s the last one of us, and it’s pretty crazy, I reckon!

Presentation night was on Wednesday, and Jordan, who was also the school vice-captain, was the co-emcee. He bagged himself a few awards, too!

He also was in the band for almost all of the items, and as always, did a fantastic job.

It was a proud moment for all of us when his name was called, and he took his place as part of the graduating class of 2010.

IMGP6459 IMGP6466 IMGP6473 Jordan and his (now) girlfriend, Mel.

It was a good, though (as always) long night. I came to the realisation that this was the 13th presentation night I have attended!! And I can’t get over the fact that it’s been seven years since my own graduating presentation night!

IMGP6490Our very proud family. And yeah, Jordan usually is the tallest. I made him shrink so that the photo would look better, ha.

Tonight was/is Jordan’s formal. We went along for the pre-dinner drinks… the fun part where you get to watch everyone arrive and ooh and aaah over everyone’s dresses and rides. Jordan went with Mel, his now girlfriend (as I’m sure we’ll be hearing a LOT over the next few days). Our family has a rule that we’re not allowed to date while we’re in highschool, so J has been counting down the days till graduation for more reasons than one! –(As did I for that matter!).

They made a great looking couple! (Mel’s mum made her gorgeous dress… isn’t it lovely?)IMGP6536 IMGP6537Mayana has fallen head-over-heels in love with Mel, and couldn’t get enough snuggles! 

IMGP6551 Our ever-growing family…

IMGP6552My very own mini-family…

So we’re all feeling very proud, and slightly sentimental… our baby brother has finished school! Next year there are big plans for psychology degrees, but for now, I think he’ll just be enjoying being Mel’s boyfriend, and be looking forward to his big Perth schoolies trip which he leaves for next week!

Love you J, congratulations bru!

2 comments:

  1. Zoey, what a beautiful tribute to your baby brother. You've made quite teary! The question I ask is, where have all the years gone? So many milestones, all of them precious. My heart is full!! Thank you for being our devoted record keeper of our clan. I love you, my gorgeous girl. xxoo Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congratulations Jordan!

    Our family is all over and done with as of this year too. So sureal! They all looked great at the formal- Mum and Dad showed me some piccies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com