Sunday 23 January 2011

An Amazing Tuesday: Part Two

So on my daughter's second birthday, when I was busy missing the exact moment of her turning two, I received a very exciting phone call. It registered on my phone as being received at 10.19am. The exact moment my girl turned two. How cool is that!

The phone call was from a man, asking me if I was still looking for a job. My heart stopped for a second, then started beating double time. He said he had my CV, and he wanted to do a phone interview. For a teaching job. That I hadn't even applied for. He'd call back in an hour.

We were at the shops, buying a Dorothy dress and hat. I rang my husband. Mum and Mayana and I rushed home, and waited.

It was longer than an hour, but the phone rang again. The man told me that there was a job, for a distance education teacher. He asked me a couple of interview questions. Two to be exact. Then he told me, that if I wanted it, the job would be mine. It would mean moving away from the coast, another new start-over. But it would mean a job. A real-life, full time teaching job in a wonderful Christian school. How amazing is that!

It's such an incredible opportunity. The job is at the same school that my little sister just started her teaching job at. She has a year 1/2 class. I didn't even apply for this job... my new boss (can you believe I have a boss!!!) found my resume after I had applied for the job my sister got, last September. He told me that no one had ever even seen my resume, and that as soon as he saw it, he knew I was the one for the job. I will be facilitating the learning of nearly 80 kids, probably from prep to year four. I will also be able to do classroom teaching for five sessions a week, probably year three, which I'm grateful for.

God's hand is in this in so many ways. Like in the way we had applied for rentals here that got turned down. Like in the way that the meeting my husband was supposed to have to sign paperwork and start a new full-time job in a factory that same morning - got cancelled at the last minute. Like the fact that my resume went unseen for months, and then just showed up like that. Amazing.

So it means another move. We'll be closer to family than the last time. One-and-a-half hours, instead of three. We can do day trips for that. My husband will the stay-at-home parent, and he's so excited. Mayana will love it. The distance education job means that most of my work is done inside the hours of 8.30am and 4pm. When I come home, I can just be Mayana's Mama. And I LOVE that about it. For the first time in our marriage, we will have money, and I love that, too.

I am nervous. Mostly because we don't have a place to move to yet, and the truck is booked for Saturday. And because change is not something I do too well. But I'm trying to be brave, to try and ignore and breathe through the occasional anxiety attacks - not give into them. Because I know this is amazing, and it's so clearly what God has planned for our next step. And that means He's got the house thing taken care of. He's got it all figured out, how I will cope with missing my girl through the days. And that my husband will be able to get work, enough to get his 200 days in two years and get his full teaching registration.

It's exciting! Scary, too, but right. A new adventure.

And that's the other reason why Tuesday was so amazing.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! So exciting! It's all so nerve wracking now but I know that you'll make it through and be so in love with your new life.

    Good luck for Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Zoey that's amazing. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so freaky! And congratulations on the job too! It will be great to have some money!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com