Monday 2 April 2012

A Peek At My Week

My Photo Stream14

This week has passed by in a blur. On Thursday morning, my work collegue and I suddenly realised that Friday was the last day of school. And we had so. much. to. do. Cue minor freak-out/panic. I’m actually feeling kind of relieved that I am going back for week 1 next term, so that I have a chance just to wind some things up and finish some things off.

I am, however, extremely grateful and excited that it is time for holidays! I’m looking forward to spending some time with my gorgeous Mayana-bird, getting my house tidy and shiny (I’m feeling the nesting bug starting to set in), my birthday and of course EASTERFEST!! It’s going to be a big week.

But we’re not talking about next week, this post is supposed to be all about last week.

So let’s have a look at those photos, shall we?

You can see that I finally finished Baby Two’s crocheted elephant. He’s pretty cute. I modified the pattern to include a t-shirt, because I wanted to give him some colour. And after much instagram/twitter/facebook discussion, I decided on buttons for eyes. I wasn’t sure about the black (they were the only matching ones I could find), but they’re growing on me.

I also made an Apple Tart to share at our department morning tea. It was my first attempt at a sugar-free version, and I thought it didn’t turn out too bad. 

You can also see the mess that my chooks have been making of my potplants. I was a little bit heartbroken because they have totally ripped out and destroyed our strawberry plants, which had finally just started to flower. Very sad.

We also had a department dinner this week, to farewell me into maternity leave. It was a lovely evening out, and my collegues spoiled me rotten, with gifts for our whole family. I’m especially looking forward to using the Hogs Breath Cafe voucher they gave us!

This weekend, my gorgeous hubby whisked me away for a weekend at the Hilton in Brisbane for some ‘us’ time. It was wonderful, and I’ll post more about that later.

It has been a very busy, and somewhat stressful week, and the weekend away was just what I needed to refresh. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to relax and recuperate this first week of holidays… though I’ll have to do it all over again next week after Easterfest!

I hope you had a great week too! I’d love if you played along too!

Zoey x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com