Tuesday 18 September 2012

a holiday for four

We had our first getaway as a family of four this weekend. It was technically our seventh wedding anniversary getaway, but we decided to bring the kids too. Peter took Monday off to make it a long weekend, and we hit the beach. We stayed in a beautiful self-contained two bedroom apartment with sea views and a spa and just worked hard at relaxing.

Indulge me on this trip down memory lane… I’d just like to pretend for a  moment that I’m back there, instead of here with baskets of washing and housework to do. K?

IMG_2036

Ready to go!

IMG_2046

Having some father-daughter quality time

IMG_2048

The view from our balcony.

IMG_2049

Towel, bucket, kite… ready to hit the beach!

IMG_2051

IMG_2052IMG_2054IMG_2055

It’s NOT cold Mama *shiver shiver shiver*

IMG_2059

Reuben was captivated by the spa bath.

IMG_2060

Sibling snuggles. Oh my heart.

IMG_2061

Pete cooked me a delicious dinner… a replica of the first meal he ever made for me, one valentines day when we were going out.

IMG_2062

One could become very accustomed to having that view at breakfast time!

IMG_2063

You know you’re on holidays when your hubby paints your toenails for you!

IMG_2065

Pool time!!!

IMG_2066

Just chilling

IMG_2067IMG_2073

Jumping castle!

IMG_2074IMG_2078

Mayana thought our dinner was like a wedding, because we used these very fancy plastic cups.

IMG_2079IMG_2081IMG_2084

Reuben is beginning to sit up independently. He will be five months old tomorrow!

IMG_2085IMG_2086

Mayana thought this was just about the best playground she’d ever seen.

IMG_2087IMG_2088IMG_2091IMG_2097

I wish I was back there still! I am consoling myself with the thought that we are booked in for a whole week there in December. And taking my family, so we’ll even have baby sitters should Pete and I get the urge for a dinner date.

Until then, I’m just gonna look at these photos and enjoy my memories for a while…

2 comments:

  1. Time goes so fast! 7 years, hey. Wow and well done. Lovely to see you and Pete just as in love as all those years ago. Gosh your little boy is getting big fast. Enjoy him Zo, that baby stage just doesn't last. Tell Mayana I LOVE her togs. I want some just like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soooo fast! It's just unreal... we only got married yesterday, I swear.. and yet here we are with two kids! Reuben is getting bigger by the second, I'm sure of it.
      Oh and I love Mayana's togs too. So much. But she won't share them with me :(

      xx

      Delete

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com