Monday 27 December 2010

in law christmas

When you’re married, Christmas becomes somewhat of a hobbit-like event. You know, Fist Christmas, Second Christmas (as opposed to breakfasts, of course).

This year, because of our (thwarted) travel plans, and all the other inlaw plans, we did ours on the 20th of December.

It was nice to have Mayana with her cousins for the evening. IMGP6936

Peter and I were in charge of decorating the table. Pretty, no?

IMGP6943

Mayana with her cousin Hannah, and their Uncle Shane. 

IMGP6955

Mayana and Dee. It’s a shame about the finger in the nose, but what can I say? It’s the Buma genes! And such a cute photo in spite of it!

IMGP7053 
Mayana received this gorgeous teddy bear from her great-Nan. She was most impressed by its size.

IMGP6975

Peter and I have been experimenting with the manual settings on our camera. We took way too many photos of the Christmas decorations. I’ll only bore you with this one though!

IMGP7008

The kids loved playing in the backyard with sparklers! I helped Mayana with her first few, but by the end she was a pro. They were all quite sad when the sparklers all ran out!

IMGP7041

I think this is my favourite photo of the night… despite its slight blur.

It was a lovely night, and a great start to the Christmas-time festivities!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com