Wednesday 19 February 2014

37 weeks {and counting down}

IMG_0371[1]

Full term. Technically. The baby could literally arrive any time now. Given that I went early with Reuben (on this exact day of gestation actually) I have this (probably irrational) expectation… and hope…  in my mind that the same thing will happen again. I’m as ready as I can be (I won’t have to go shopping while I’m in labour this time!), and the longer I wait the more I start to make myself nervous about the whole giving birth again thing, and remember how much it bloody hurts!

It’s a weird part of your pregnancy, where you’re uncomfortable and big and hot (dude it’s been 38 degrees this week!!) and just waiting. Every day when I take Mayana to school, her teacher says to me, “You’re still here!” Hopefully it won’t be too many more days of that before it’s my mum or sister dropping her off and telling her teacher that it’s finally happened.

Such a weird thought that any day now our whole family is going to change in the biggest way, although experience reminds me that within mere hours of him being born I won’t be able to imagine life without him. It’s still so abstract at the moment. That wriggling little thing that keeps kicking me in ribs and makes me tummy look all misshapen and poking me in places that shouldn’t be poked is soon going to be my son… a baby in my arms and at my breast and filling up our lives.

This week the midwife told me that she was surprised she hadn’t seen me on the weekend at birthing suite. So that’s got to be a good sign that things will happen soon, right? In the meantime I’ll be here trying to convince myself that it’s more likely that I’ll be overdue, just so that it doesn’t bite too much if it does happen…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com